Saturday, November 30, 2013

The End of November

Welp, November's over, and I didn't finish my novel.

I'm sort of disappointed, but..... it could have been worse. At least I've surpassed my final word count goal, so as soon as I update my count in an hour or so, I'll get all the goodies and back-pats the site awards. And really, when I think about how much more needs to happen before I'm done telling the story, I get rather excited, because I realize that this book could end up being forty or even forty-five thousand words, which is practically a publishable length! HOORAY FOR CREATIVITY!!!!!

And I'm definitely going to finish it. I'm not the sort of person who leaves things unfinished. But I'm probably going to take a break of a week or so, because these last few days have been a bit brutal. I've been pushing myself hard, trying to finish, trying to at least hit my goal. It hasn't helped that I am very self-critical, and I feel that the quality of my writing has been steadily decreasing as the month goes on. I suppose you could say things like this aren't supposed to be easy, and that struggles makes achievements all the more rewarding, and I'll totally listen to you. After a short writing hiatus.

For now, my new mission is going to be awakening my Christmas spirit. Tomorrow I'm going to go and see Frozen (Disney's new animated movie), which isn't technically a Christmas movie, but it does feature a lot of snow. And then I'm going to decorate Christmas trees with Christmas music on full volume, and before long I'll be watching White Christmas and How the Grinch Stole Christmas and The Toy That Saved Christmas and all the other Christmas movies my family owns. In addition, this year I'm planning on watching It's a Wonderful Life for the first time ever (in case you couldn't tell, much of my Christmas feeling is wrapped up in media, and I see absolutely nothing wrong with that) (I also read Christmas books, like Raphael and the Noble Task, which is an insanely good book that is criminally difficult to find).

So off I go to utilize my final hour of November before I plunge headfirst into December-induced Xmas madness. Have a wonderful December, everybody!

Sincerely,
Pearl Clayton

4 comments:

  1. Frozen was awesome! I hope you enjoy it. :-) And you have never seen It's a Wonderful Life? Agh, that's one of my favorite Christmas movies! :-D

    Anyway, congrats on NaNo...I made the word count but part of it was not actually my story, which ended at around 45,000 words. So 5,000 words was some random stuff. But that's okay.

    But that means I have to wait for a long time to get your story, huh? :-P ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Frozen was good..... It's not like it's my new favorite Disney movie or anything, but I liked it. Especially Olav. And that guy who worked in the shop with the sauna. And the fact that it took place in Norway. :)
      I hope you don't have to wait too long to get it. I'm all swamped with school stuff right now (blech) but as soon as Christmas break starts I intend to get back to it and write like mad. Like MAD, I tell you. (Laughs maniacally)

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you liked it! Olav was hilarious. "I don't have a skull..." XD I thought the animation was, as usual, visually incredible. And, of course, Idina Menzel. Her voice gave me shivers.
      I am swamped with school too....bleehhhhhhhhhh. I wish it would just go away. But yes! Christmas break you write!!!! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Hope you finish soon!!!! I want to read the rest of it SO bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I haven't seen Frozen yet... I should do that...

    ReplyDelete